When you are staying at a new campground, or even one you’ve been to before, always make sure to take note of important places and nearby resources such as medical clinics, gas stations and other utilities. In an emergency situation, having a list of these locations quickly accessible can make a big difference instead of having to search and decide where to go while under stress. Natural Springs Resort has our emergency protocols detailed online, and we are also happy to provide details about other local spots that can be helpful in a pinch!
Emergency situations on the grounds
If you experience inclement weather while staying at Natural Springs, you can easily find the steps you should take on our Important Info webpage. The closest tornado siren is located in New Paris, and we recommended seeking shelter in either the Chapel basement, our bathhouses or the Lodge. If you are in need of police assistance during your stay, please dial 911, or you can contact the Eaton Police Department at 937-456-5531 or the Preble County Sheriff at 937-456-6262. If you are having an issue with your cabin, the bathhouse or another NSR amenity, you can find a staff member or call our after-hours emergency line at 937-336-6051.
Important places for medical care
New Paris is located just at the border of Ohio and Indiana, so if you have a medical situation while staying at Natural Springs, there is a wide range of options for medical attention just a 15-minute drive (or less) away. Reid Health in Richmond, IN is the closest full-service hospital at just 12 minutes away, with an urgent care, walk-in clinic and emergency room/hospital. Our list of important places also includes nearby dentists and veterinarians for all your family’s medical needs.
- Reid Urgent Care, 765-935-1905, 1501 Chester Blvd, Richmond, IN 47374
- Reid Ready Care Walk-in Clinic, 765-935-8877, 2507 Chester Blvd, Richmond, IN 47374 (located in Meijer)
- Reid Health Emergency Department, 800-382-7343 or 756-983-3000, 1100 Reid Pkwy, Richmond, IN 47374
- Kettering Health Preble, 937-456-8300, 450-B Washington Jackson Rd Eaton, OH 45320
- Vet: Town & Country Veterinary Clinic, 937-456-7147, 2141 US-35, Eaton, OH 45320
- Dentist: Aspen Dental, 765-966-4000, 3746 National Rd E, Richmond, IN 47374
Gas stations less than a mile away
Whether you are staying at Natural Springs in your RV, towing a camper or driving in to stay in a cabin, you’re going to need gas to get there and back home again. Our closest local gas stations are conveniently located less than half a mile (or a one-minute drive) away in either direction.
- MARATHON, 126 S Washington St, New Paris, OH 45347
- Sunoco, 606 S Washington St, New Paris, OH 45347
Picking up groceries and supplies
Before leaving the grounds for forgotten supplies, we recommend checking the Camp Store. You can pick up just about anything and everything at our well-stocked store, including bait, tackle, propane, firewood, food staples, s’more supplies, bug spray and more! The store is also home to our beachside café and grille, famous for its pizza, tenderloin and signature Hershey’s ice cream. If you still find yourself in need of a grocery/supply run, check out these local stores.
- New Paris Market, 606 S Washington St, New Paris, OH 45347
- Dollar General, 301 N Washington St, OH-121, New Paris, OH 45347
- ALDI, 4401 National Rd E Suite 1, Richmond, IN 47374
- Walmart, 3601 E Main St, Richmond, IN 47374
Tourist attractions near Natural Springs
It may not be an emergency, but we couldn’t write up a list of important places without including our favorite local tourist spots too! These nearby attractions offer something for everyone, from shopping and eating out to museums and animal encounters.
- Wesler Orchards: Open Mon-Sat starting Memorial Day weekend, Wesler’s is a great place to shop for homemade baked goods, Amish crafted furniture and explore their petting zoo! Enjoy some country living and get a taste of the farm just 4 minutes away.
- Quiet Harmony Ranch: Quiet Harmony Ranch is a wildlife ranch just 8 minutes from Natural Springs with elk who roam freely and peacefully graze the land.
- Historic Depot District: The Richmond Historic Depot District is just 9 minutes from Natural Springs with restaurants, bars, shops, museums and even a spa!
- Gaar House Museum: The Gaar Mansion was built in 1876 and is a free historic landmark, only 9 minutes from Natural Springs Resort.
- Thistlewaite Falls: Thistlewaite Falls is a scenic nature reserve about 12 minutes from your campsite with an easily accessible man-made waterfall.
- School House Winery: This winery is just 15 minutes away with 20 different types of wine, musical guests and delicious food trucks!
- Centerville Antiques Mall: The Centerville Antiques Mall is just a 20-minute drive away with something for everyone in the family!